Sunday, April 26, 2009

Finally, a relaxing weekend

So, this week’s been a bit quieter than usual, though I’ve been glad of the rest to be honest.

Ended up in Blythswood Square on Monday with some of the Writers for a bit since it was a nice day, and then had the usual meeting on Tuesday. Brought in my story about a drunk hologram, and enjoyed Rebecca’s long-awaited story about the teleporter, even though it had a really sad ending. :(

Went to Edinburgh on Wednesday, hoping to meet up with a friend I had met at the Manchester gathering, but unfortunately by the time I was able to get there she had already left, but I was also meeting up with Cara and Elizabeth, so it all worked out in the end. They continued with there obsession with feeding me, and I had vegetables with Dough Balls, something I’ll have to try making myself. We also went to see “In the Loop”, a really funny political comedy that I’d recommend.

Burger Thursday saw a rare appearance by its founder, Rob, and the Ark had a new menu, including a bean casserole thing that I had. The night consisted of the usual conversations and Hazel drawing sketches of her on increasingly bizarre adventures.

Friday was my Grandad’s 81st birthday, so we went out for a meal in the early evening. The rest of the weekend hasn’t been that eventful, and this is the first Saturday for ages where I haven’t been out, which has given me a chance to relax.

Going out to a party of some sort after Writers on Tuesday as far as I know, so that should be good. Other than that, just waiting to see what happens.

2 comments:

Fire Bear said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want me to change the ending?

Nah, I'm just giving you false hope, cause right at this moment, I am bored.

Also, what drunk hologram? That sounds a) interesting and b) hilarious!

cookiemad said...

No, don't change it, I liked the ending, sometimes a sad ending fits a story really well, like that one.

Yeah, sorry, I was in the other group so you didn't get a chance to read it, but I can bring it in on Tuesday if you want?